Monday 30 March 2015

Art Tutor on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth

I have just returned from three weeks aboard Cunard's Queen Elizabeth as the artist in residence! It was a most interesting experience! The Queen Elizabeth is a beautiful ship and the decor was something to behold.My contract was for a segment, Sydney to Hong Kong, of a world cruise which began in Southhampton. I joined the ship in Sydney and we docked in Brisbane, Cairns, Rabaul, Kobe, Busan and Shanghai and I disembarked in Hong Kong. Due to the extremely rough cyclonic weather the ship was diverted to Kobe in Japan which meant we missed the ports of Yokohama and Nagasaki. As the art tutor I decided to link my painting demonstrations and the student assignments with the cruise itinerary ..... so we painted a River Murray scene, Sydney Harbour, two Japanese garden scenes, Japanese cherry blossom and Chinese Junk boats. Here are my demonstration paintings....



                    

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...